[Dhsbb-jazz] Disney Band Trip Packing and Departure Information

JazzyHorns at aol.com JazzyHorns at aol.com
Fri May 6 10:01:00 PDT 2016

Hi Band Families,
Our Disney trip is in one  week!

Now is the time to collect those last minute items.  Be sure to  refer to
the bright orange packing sheet that came in your forms packet when  packing
for the trip.

Most important is FOOTWEAR.  Be sure your  student has all black closed
toed shoes - laces, grommets, sides and black socks  or stockings.  Disney is
very particular about this.  They will not  allow a student backstage with
sandals, and will use duct tape on their shoes  and legs if there is anything
but all black showing. Trust me, we know this from  experience.  Note also,
that for this trip the kids are in DRESS BLACKS.  That is the same as they
were wearing at the concert this week.  This  is a bit different from our
typical tour clothing, but again, this is Disney.

Also:  Black dress pants.  No black jeans.  Disney  will not allow a
student to perform on stage if they are in jeans.  They  have no problem keeping a
student from the stage - for Disney it's as much about  the presentation as
it is the performance.

Trip Check In:
Veteran's Memorial Theater Lobby
Friday May 13th
7:30  a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Students will  check in their luggage and instrument, then attend morning
classes and return to  depart during lunch.

Please note the checklist below.  You will be  asked to fill this out (or
print this one and turn it in) during check in.

If your student will be traveling to or from Disney other than on our
group bus, then you must fill out the Alternate Transportation Form that came in
 the big red forms packet, as well as send us your student's travel
information.  We have about 20 students who fall into this category and we really
don't  want to lose anyone.  Please tell us the precise details of how they
are  getting to Anaheim so we can easily follow up if something doesn't go as
 planned.

And finally, please get those final forms and pledges in.  We are very
close - down to about $8000 short and 16 form packets  outstanding.

It's going to be a great trip!

Trip Departure Form     Name:       All black closed toed shoes (black
laces,piping,sides)    Black socks/tights    Black bow tie (if wearing
suit/tux)    Jazz band: jazz band shirt/tie/pants       Swim suit    Sunglasses
 Blue band polo shirt       Light jacket/sweatshirt       Instrument with
accessories - labeled        Cell phone/extra charger       Wallet with
school ID    Money for 6 meals ($50-$75) Extra $ if you  want souveniers
Bag lunch for Friday       Medications (if needed)       If you are not
traveling on the bus to  Anaheim on Fri:    Please list student who will take your
 luggage and instrument to your room: