[Dhsbb-jazz] DHSBB: Victoria trip info

Matt Richter richthand at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 09:58:04 PDT 2017

>From Connie Belk ( conniebelkrd at gmail.com )

Hello Fellow Spring Band Trip Students and Parents!

A few things to begin thinking about as we get closer to our trip in May.

First, we are traveling to a foreign country so if you have not sent in a
copy of your student's passport to the PO Box or Mr. Slabaugh, do so ASAP.

Second, check your cell phone carrier agreement to see about the extent of
your coverage in Canada. Your student may not be able to text, call, or
access internet without substantial fees.

Third, students will be needing to buy 7 different meals (lunches and
dinners) over the course of the trip. You can budget for about $10 each.
Think about whether your student will use a debit card, credit card (does
yours have foreign transaction fees?) or whether you will change money to
canadian dollars prior to leaving. Wells Fargo is one option for changing
money.

Lastly, be on the lookout for a packet of district forms to complete for
the trip. And if your child will be bringing any medications on the trip,
the medication form needs to be signed by your doctor. This all takes time
so please plan ahead.

If you have any questions, please email Connie at: conniebelkrd at gmail.com

Thanks!