[Dhsbb-symph] Festival of the Arts Performance Information

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Fri Apr 21 11:35:58 PDT 2017

Hi all,

On Saturday, May 6th, all of the concert and jazz bands from throughout the DJUSD junior and senior high schools will be performing in Central Park in a performance we have titled, “The Festival of the Arts.” New to this event are performances of the jazz bands, showcasing the wonderful band ensembles we have throughout this district.

Here is the schedule for the day:
10:00am - 10:25am: Emerson/Da Vinci Jazz Band
10:25am - 10:50am: Emerson/Da Vinci Concert Band
10:50am - 11:15am: Harper Junior High Jazz Band
11:15am - 11:40am: Harper Junior High Concert Band
11:40am - 12:05pm: Holmes Junior High Jazz Band
12:05pm - 12:30pm: Holmes Junior High Concert Band
12:30pm - 12:55pm: DHS Jazz Band
12:55pm – ~1:30pm: DHS Combined Symphonic and Concert Bands

The call time for the DHS Bands (ALL MEMBERS from Concert, Jazz, and Symphonic) is 12:00pm (NOON).

Attire: Everyone will wear their Blue DHS Band Polo and blue jeans. You do not need to wear a specific type of shoe, but you may not be barefoot for this event.

Everyone is responsible for bringing the following on their own to this event:
            • Musical instrument
            • Sheet music
            • Additional equipment, as necessary (e.g. sticks, mallets, mutes, etc…)

Stage Crew Managers for Symphonic and Jazz Bands – Chiara, Aaron, and Marissa – will have a sign-up sheet posted soon for assistance in producing this event. If you need (or would like) to earn “You Choose” points, please sign up for this shift when the list is posted:
Noon to 2:30pm – We will be setting up the two ensembles at the same time and everyone will be seated as soon as possible after 12:30pm Hence, we need a lot of help with chairs, equipment moving, music stand moving, sounds system set-up, and associated organization before, during, and after the concert. This event is worth +50 points per participants.

*Special Note: I realize this is the same day as the SAT test. If you are participating in this test, please contact Mr. Slabaugh ASAP to make arrangements for your late arrival.

WEATHER: In the event the weather is inclement (yes, it rained out last year), I will send a notification via email if the event is cancelled. If you do not receive an email, the event is happening.

Repertoire (Jazz Band):
Ladybird
Bloom
Certain Circles

Repertoire (Combined Concert and Symphonic Bands):
Cakewalk, from Suite of Old American Dances
Bloom – Steven Bryant
English Folk Song Suite – R.V. Williams
Country Gardens – Grainger
The Lion King Soundtrack Highlights – Arr. Custer

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.