[Dhsbb-symph] DHSBB: Victoria Trip reminders

Matt Richter richthand at gmail.com
Tue May 2 16:24:27 PDT 2017

This reminder email is from Connie Belk <conniebelkrd at gmail.com>

It will also be up on the website at
http://groups.dcn.org/dhsbandboosters/victoria-trip-info

Hello Fellow Band Families.

A few reminders about the quickly approaching band trip to Seattle and
Victoria, BC.

1. Please submit any and all forms if you have not already done so.
Passports, medical, persmisison, driver's information if shuttling to and
from airport, etc.

2. Realize that your student will still need his or her actual passport on
the trip, even though you submitted a copy of said passport.

3. BIG DATE TO REMEMBER: Tuesday, 5/16 from 4-7 pm we need each and every
student to come to the band room with their suitcase packed per the list
sent out in the trip packet recently. Certain items will be kept out for
first 2 days of travel, but otherwise we will load suitcases, intstruments
and personal music stands on the truck that will then drive up to Seattle.
We want to avoid checking bags so PLEASE make sure your student gets their
suitcase, instruement and music tand on the truck.

4. Figure out ahead of time if your phone plan allows your studnet to text
and/or call while in Canada.

5. Decide how much spending money you want to send with your student and if
you want to change any before the trip into Canadian dollars. 7 meals will
be purchased by your student. Other expenses may include snacks,
souveniers, drinks/coffes, etc. Wells Fargo bank in town is the only bank
in Davis that changes money. They have limited Canadian dollars so call
ahead.

6. A finalized itinerary will be sent to all parents prior to the trip.
Certain details are still being worked out.

7. Last, but still very important, if you have not signed up to carpool,
there are still chances to help. We need to get all 97 people going on this
trip to and from the airport.

Thank you everyone, it is going to be a memorable trip!

Connie Belk and the 2017 Victoria Planning Crew and Chaperones