[Dhsbb-symph] DHSBB: Volunteer Update Notice

Matt Richter richthand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 22:12:12 PDT 2017

A message from DHSBB President Connie Belk.  As she says at the bottom of
her email, contact her with any questions at conniebelkrd at gmail.com

==================

Hello Band Families.

Last night we held our second band booster meeting of the year and a total
of 5 parents attended, outside of the band booster board members, Mr.
Slabaugh and Bob the dog.

We truly need more parent involvement this year to make all of the
wonderful events, festivals, summer trip, concerts, etc. run smoothly.

As of now, about 1/5th of band parents have signed up to volunteer for
something.

I'll be contacting jazz band parents in late October to ask for help
driving to upcoming festivals in December and January, as well as help
organize the purchase of jazz shirts and ties for this year.

Those planning on attending the New York trip this summer can contact Rob
Kerner at rvkerner at ucdavis.edu to see how you can support the fundraising
efforts needed to make the trip happen this summer, as well as other duties
needed along the way.

We still need more help organizing for Coconut Grove (the band's largest
fundraiser each year) in the early spring, March 3rd 2018. Please contact
Sheetal Singh at sheepak at hotmail.com for volunteer opportunities related to
Coconut Grove.

Cynthia Kerner could use help organizing Rent-A-Band gigs to fundraise for
the New York Trip and the band in general. She can be contacted at:
cjkerner at sbcglobal.net.

We have yet to fill the "9th grader Liason" role this year. We want to get
a good influx of students next year and reaching out to our junior high
students is a good way to keep students coming and our bands full. Contact
me at conniebelkrd at gmail.com or  Mr. Slabaugh to volunteer.

Bottom line is, the more parents are involved the better your students'
experiences will be this coming year. If volunteers do not step up then
things get cancelled or done part way and in the end the kids are the ones
who get short-changed.

Thank you for eveyone who has already stepped up to volunteer and I look
forward to having more parents join us this year as we work to make
2017-2018 a great year to be in band at DHS.

If you have any questions, contact Connie at conniebelkrd at gmail.com

Thank you!