[Dhsbb-symph] DHSBB: NY fundraising opportunity via Amazon

Matt Richter richthand at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 20:21:01 PDT 2017

Another message from Cynthia Kerner about NY fundraising.  If you have any
questions, please email her directly (cjkerner at sbcglobal.net)

---------------------------------------

Hello fellow band parents:

I'm fundraising for the NY trip in June.  An easy way for everyone to help
right now is to forward the message below to all of your family and friends
asking them to join Amazon Smile, and maybe even post to your Facebook page
or whatever social media you like.  (I've attached some pics from the band
in case you want to use for Facebook, etc).  Just sign your name at the end
of the message, or personalize it however you want.  Lots of people buy
from Amazon, this is so easy to do, and it's not asking for any extra
money, just what people usually spend. Please forward this today, spread
the word as much as possible!

Thanks

Cynthia

Hello Family and Friends,

As you may have heard, next June our Symphonic Band at Davis High School
will be performing at the 2018 New York "Sounds of Summer" International
Music Festival, culminating in a performance in Carnegie Hall! This is an
amazing opportunity for our kids to perform at one of the premier symphony
halls in the world. If you live nearby or are adventurous and want to
attend our performance, here’s the link for the music festival (details are
still forthcoming):

https://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2018/6/12/0800/PM/
2018-New-York-Sounds-of-Summer-International-Music-Festival/
<https://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2018/6/12/0800/PM/2018-New-York-Sounds-of-Summer-International-Music-Festival/>

But getting 70 students there will be quite expensive.  One of the ways you
can help us is by doing something you may already be doing: buying from
Amazon! With every purchase you make through smile.amazon.com, 0.5% will be
donated to our Band Boosters to help finance the trip. That may not sound
like a lot, but if many of us do this it can really add up.

*You just need to make sure you log onto smile.amazon.com
<http://smile.amazon.com/>* (instead of the regular amazon website)

Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.

>From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any
page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your
mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom
of the page.

Select a new charitable organization to support:

*Our organization is “Davis Senior High School Band Boosters”, in Davis,
CA.*

So as you’re doing your everyday or upcoming holiday shopping, please go to
smile.amazon.com and a portion of your purchase price will be donated to
the Band Boosters for our trip.

Thanks for your support!

Cynthia
Sent from my iPhone