[Dhsbb-symph] DHSBB: NY Fundraising (1 of 2 more)

Matt Richter richthand at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 22:16:49 PDT 2017

_________
Hi everyone

I'm Cynthia, mom of sophomore Crystal who plays oboe in the Symphonic Band.
I'm working on fundraising for the NY trip, for which we'll need to raise
around $30,000.
I wanted to give you a heads up on an upcoming fundraiser for which  we'll
need everyone's help.

One of the fundraisers we are calling a No-Show Tea Party. We will have
each student send a package to as many friends and family as possible,
anywhere in the country. This will include a tea bag, and a written
invitation to join our virtual tea party online. They will be directed to a
You Tube site where they can enjoy a performance from the Symphonic Band,
while enjoying their cup of home brewed tea.

Here's the fundraising part: the "invitation" is a letter telling about our
band and the trip, and a request for donation. We'll include a pre
addressed stamped return envelope to send a donation check, and also let
them know about PayPal on the booster website. And of course will let them
know all donations are tax deductible.

We will provide the letters, but leave the salutation and the signature
blank so that your student can personalize each. We are asking each family
to prepare 8 letters.  There will be instructions on what to do in the
package. My plan is to hand out the packages to the students in class on
Friday, then their letters to be returned the following week so we can
assemble and mail out.

The Orchestra did this last year and raised about $8000. My other
daughter's ballet company does a similar letter writing campaign, and each
year about 25 students raise $8-10,000 this way! So if we have all students
participate, this could be really successful.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for
everyone's help,

Cynthia
cjkerner at sbcglobal.net
Sent from my iPhone