[Dhsbb-symph] Need more people to sign up to solicit business sponsorship for NY trip!

Cynthia Kerner cjkerner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 4 13:51:18 PST 2018

Hi band and orchestra folks and Happy Super Bowl Sunday! (Personally I just like the commercials :)
Another friendly reminder that we need LOTS more people to help solicit businesses for sponsoring our NY trip.  If you could just pick one business, only ONE! Below is the email link to the Google Spreadsheet of the businesses that I thought of (I literally looked at map and also just looked around while I'm driving around town)...but if you have any personal contacts with ANY business person or company, please approach them and just add it to the bottom of the list.  It can be your insurance agent, real estate agent, financial adviser, lawyer, contractor, dentist, gym you go to, anyone who you know or you have personally done business with to ask them to support our kids.  I have also listed big corporations too, but they may take much longer to respond, and we only have 2 months to do this!
Be sure to add your name as parent contact when you chose a business...that way we don't have people approaching them twice.
Attached are the cover letter and sponsorship forms.  I've been printing them out and taking them in to talk with business, in case the manager/owner isn't there at the time or needs some time to consider.  Then also follow up with an email (with attached forms) or phone call to ask them again.
If you have a child going on this trip from band or orchestra, we NEED your help.  Even if you don't have a kid going on the trip, we would greatly appreciate it, and any extra money raised goes to the general BB fund, which also really needs more support this year.
Please contact me if any questions!Thanks and enjoy your Sunday!(PS to Helen: please forward this, with attachments, to your orchestra parents please, thanks!)
DHS Business Sponsors

|    |
DHS Business Sponsors
 Sheet1 DO NOT CONTACT THESE!! Business name, parent contact, parent email, Yes!:), No.:(, Sponsorship amount,...  |   |

Cynthia    cjkerner at sbcglobal.net530-400-7598