[Dhsbb-symph] suggested email to send to potential sponsors for NY trip

Cynthia Kerner cjkerner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 4 17:41:18 PST 2018

Hi everyone.  In case you need to email sponsors, either as initial contact or follow up, here is an example of what you can say:
I am a parent volunteer with the Davis High School Band Boosters, reaching out to local businesses to help us raise money for the Symphonic Band and Symphony Orchestra trip in June, 2018 to New York City to play at Carnegie Hall. Not all families can afford the full price of the trip, so we are fundraising to cover these costs. Over 100 students will be making this trip. It’s an exciting opportunity for the students, and we’re working hard to make sure that we raise the necessary funds. We hope you’ll consider making a donation as a business sponsor of this trip. We will be thanking our sponsors by placing you business names/ads/logos in the upcoming band and orchestra concert programs, and on the T-shirts the group will be wearing as well. Please see the attachments with additional information.
Please contact Cynthia Kerner for any questions at cjkerner at sbcglobal.net or 530-400-7598 Thank you for your support,**your name here**