[Dhsbb-symph] Fundraising: Joke of the Day and FLAG THIS EMAIL

Cynthia Kerner cjkerner at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 9 10:07:57 PST 2018

What do you call a bear with no teeth?A gummy bear!!
Sorry folks, but I needed to get your attention.  Please Flag and Save this email, it has LOTS of stuff all in one place:
WE NEED HELP!!!  OR WE DO NOT GO TO NY!!  AND WE EACH LOSE $950!!!
Here's the thing folks:  This year Band Boosters is having to raise the normal $30K or so just so our kids can have a band program.  But this year, we also needed to raise an additional $17K for the NY trip.  So that's lots more work to do, which means we need lots more people to continue to volunteer.  Note, I said CONTINUE.  This is not a "one and done" volunteer effort.  Did you help me package the Tea Party Letters? Thanks that was a huge help.  Were you one of the 36 band families do the Tea Party letter? Thanks so much that was huge fundraiser (over $11K).  But we're not done!  Between the orchestra and band, our combined deficit is currently $12,000.  There are more than 100 kids going on this trip (band and orchestra), so there should be at least 100 parents involved, let's say 150 parents.  Last fall when I sent the band folks a Sign Up Genius asking for help, do you know how many people responded?  One.  I kid you not.  Do you know how many have signed up for the seeking sponsors from businesses? 8.  Including me.  That's it.
Were you able to pledge the entire $2300 for your child going? That's fantastic and greatly appreciated, less money to raise.  But if we don't raise the deficit for those that can't afford the entire amount, your kid doesn't go either, and you lose money.  So you still need to help.  We all knew this at the beginning of the year, and everyone committed to doing this.
For those families NOT going on the NY trip, I'm sorry you're having to hear me, yet again.  BUT! Keep in mind ALL EXTRA FUNDS RAISED GOES RIGHT BACK INTO BB.  And BB is running THOUSANDS of dollars less than usual this year, so NY trip fundraising can help your kid even if she/he is NOT going on the trip!!
Do I sound like I'm bitter or frustrated?  I'M DESPERATE!!!  Seriously folks, WE NEED HELP!!   There are lots of things going on for the next couple months.  More info to come later on things like a beer tasting and wine tasting events.  But these are the things happening NOW:
1. SEEK OUT SPONSORS FOR THE TRIP:  Below is the link to the Google Spreadsheet for you to sign up.  The list of businesses is on the left.  This is by no means a complete list or the only ones to approach.  You can choose any you like around town or beyond (just NOT from the list on the right).  If you want to add any, just add it to the bottom.  While you'd think corporate would be the most lucrative, I've found they're also the slowest to respond.  So we need everyone to think about ANY business person you know: your lawyer, real estate agent, financial adviser, insurance agent, building contractor, architect, dentist, optometrist, ANYONE!  EVERYONE PICK JUST ONE!! Make sure when you pick one you put your name down as the parent contact so we're not contacting people twice.  How to do this?: I've attached the sponsorship cover letter and sponsorship page (which has Levels of sponsorship), and suggested email introduction if you're contacting them by email (personalize it as best you can).  But a personal call or visit is the best.  Please read the attachments first so you know what we're seeking and offering to the sponsors.  Here's the link for the Google spreadsheet:DHS Business Sponsors

|   |    |

|    |
DHS Business Sponsors
 Sheet1 Business name, Parent Contact, Email, Call and/ or Visit?, Date, Yes!:), No.:(, Comments, Sponsorship a...  |   |

2. FOOD AND ARTS FESTIVAL on Saturday February 24: I've attached the flyer.  Buy tickets, share with your Facebook, email your friends and family, send to your kids the flyer and have them send to their friends; get the kids involved, it's their trip!!  And sign up to help via Sign up Genius, here's the link:2/24 - Multicultural Food and Art Festival

|   |    |

|    |
2/24 - Multicultural Food and Art Festival
 Our New York trip is less than half a year away! We are still in need of funding to make the trip real. We (te...  |   |

3. DOS COYOTES DINE IN FUNDRAISER ON TUESDAY FEB 20: On Tuesday February 20 from 5-9 pm at Dos Coyotes in SOUTH DAVIS, 20% of proceeds will go towards the NY trip!  ATTACHED IS THE FLYER NEEDED, make sure you show the cashier at Dos (printed or electronic).
Keep in mind this is DINE IN ONLY (I've already confirmed it is NOT for take out).
And it's in SOUTH Davis! (It will NOT work at the North Davis location).
So mark your calendars for this family and friends dinner night out.
Also, please forward this to your kids' cell phones and emails, and have them invite their friends and their families too.  Post it on your Facebook!  Invite your co-workers!

4. FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER: Last night a created a Fundraiser on Facebook.  Share with everyone on Facebook! Copy the link and email others! And when you do, thank those who have already contributed via the Tea Party (we don't want to seem like we're asking the same family/friends that you did already).  Now with Facebook, they only pay out the fundraiser every couple weeks, and we may not see the first check for 6 weeks...so DO THIS TODAY.  PS: if anyone can send to me (as an attachment) a good pic for the band or orchestra so I can put that up instead of the generic one that's there now).  Davis High School Band and Orchestra to Play at Carnegie Hall

|   |    |

|    |
Davis High School Band and Orchestra to Play at Carnegie Hall
 Want to join me in supporting a good cause? I'm raising money for Davis Senior High School Band Boosters and...  |   |

5. COCONUT GROVE: this is not for the NY trip, but this is the MAIN fundraiser for BB just to do the usual things the kids do during the year.  Here's the link to the event page on Facebook.  Here' what you need to do:Spread the word on your Facebook and email your friends and family (just copy the web page address and email to them)Get the link to your kid and have them invite their friends.Sign up on Sign Up Genius to help at the event (that will be coming out soon)A Night at the Coconut Grove

|    |
A Night at the Coconut Grove
 Enjoy Dinner, Mocktails, Jazz, Silent Auction, Raffle & All Night Long Jazz Music New Pricing after Feb 1: A...  |   |

Ok folks that's it for now.  If you've made it this far in my email, THANK YOU! Please let me know if there are any questions for any of the above!
Cynthia530-400-7598cjkerner at sbcglobal.net