[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin for Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Apr 12 15:34:58 PDT 2010

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CAFETERIA SPECIAL OF THE DAY:  Hawaiian kaluah pork over organic rice.

TODAY

	*	Are you interested in learning about the Air Force?  If so, come to the Scholarship and Financial Aid Office on TODAY to meet with an Air Force representative.

	*	Cultural Exchange Club meets TODAY in P-14 during lunch.  See you there!

NEW

	*	SENIORS:  Friday is the deadline to submit applications for many local scholarships.  Scholarships due Friday include the Standard Application for Local Scholarships, Yolo Masonic Lodge, PTA, California School Employees Association, Armstrong Family Education, David Murphy, Kiwanis Club, Novozymes, and many more.  Bring your completed applications to the Career Center this FRIDAY BY 4:00 P.M.!

	*	Help nurture the bumptastic Friendship Day development of smiles by submitting your application forms ASAP!  Who doesn't want to eat, laugh, and dance?

	*	Hey Key Clubbers!  Ready to have a fresh new start after a nice, long, relaxing spring break?  Then don't forget to attend our first general meeting with our brand new officers this Wednesday in S-12!  We'll be discussing fun, new projects you don't want to miss, so be sure to attend!  You don't want to miss it!

	*	Don't miss the Drama Department's production of A Tribute to Tony Fields.  This years' show features singing and dancing performances of Thriller, a Michael Jackson Medley, Footloose, and more, as well as segments from A Chorus Line.  Shows are this Friday and Saturday at 7 pm.  Student tickets are only $6.  See you there!

SPORTS

Baseball vs.Valley @ Davis, V-JV, 4:15
Boys Golf, DVC #1 @ The Reserve
Girls Lacrosse vs. Piedmont @ DHS, JV-5:30, V-7:00
Boys Lacross vs. Piedmong @ Piedmont, JV-5:45, V-7:15
Boys Swimming vs. Laguna Creek @ Arroyo, 4:00
Boys Tennis vs. Franklini @ Davis, 3:45
Boys Volleyball vs. Elk Grove @ Elk Grove, 5:00

CONTINUED

	*	Would you like to be a volunteer at Picnic Day?  Volunteers are needed to help animal events, entertainment venues, children's fair, and information booths.  Volunteers receive a t-shirt and food!  Come to the Scholarship Office for more information.

	*	We want to know where you're going after high school!  Acceptance notices from colleges are finally starting to arrive and decisions are being made about life after high school.  Come to the Scholarship and Financial Aid office and sign the WHERE ARE YOU GOING!!! list and tell us if you'll be going to college, working, joining the military, traveling, studying abroad, or whatever your plans are.

	*	Interested in becoming a Peer Helper next year??  Applications can be found in the office and will be due by Friday, April 16.  Please turn in applications to the Peer Helping box located in the office.  Everyone is invited to apply!

	*	Davis High School Orchestra's audition results are now posted in music rooms. Things to remember:  to complete the audition process if you are NOT intending on accepting your group placement, you must email me ASAP, by the deadline of Friday April 16th at:
		amoreno at djusd.k12.ca.us <mailto:amoreno at djusd.k12.ca.us>.  It is very important to communicate your intentions because your seat will need to be filled from our waiting list. When you email me please indicate full name, instrument, student ID #, and your reason for not accepting.  If you need an extension of time, email me your request and give me the date by which you expect to make your decision. If you are accepting your seat in an audition orchestra, do nothing. Your name and ID number will be submitted to the DHS Counselors and you

	*	The Davis High School Cheer squad is looking for students with school spirit who love to dance, tumble and stunt. Come learn about DHS Cheer at one of two Cheer Information Nights, 7 p.m. on April 21 and 22 in Room O-7 at DHS. Students in grades 8-11 are invited to try out  - both girls and boys! A try-out clinic runs 4 to 6 p.m. May 3-7 in the DHS Dance Room. Try-outs are all day on Saturday, May 8, in the DHS Dance Room. To learn more or to see the team's performances, visit <http://www.dhscheer.org/>. For more information, e-mail Coach Alisha Eller at aeller at djusd.k12.ca.us or call 514-0405.

	*	On April 15th Davis High School athletic department will provide an athletic recruitment seminar for student-athletes and parents.  Julian Jenkins from the National Collegiate Scouting Association will be presenting.  The seminar begins at 7 pm in the old Davis high school gym and will last one hour.   The seminar will cover the following: 1) As a high school student-athlete, how do I get recruited to play sports in college? 2) NCAA Eligibility Center- what does it take academically to be eligible for recruitment. 3) Be Realistic: Not everyone is a Division 1 level athlete. 4) Your coach alone is not responsible for getting you a scholarship!  5) Strategies on how to maximize an athlete's recruiting potential.  This is a great opportunity for parents and students to get valuable information on the realities of the college recruiting process. If you and/or your parents are interested in attending, sign up with Mr. Dietrich in the athletic office or send an email stating that you wish to attend to: mdietrich at djusd.k12.ca.us <mailto:mdietrich at djusd.k12.ca.us>.  See you there!