[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 12/06/2010

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Dec 3 15:19:21 PST 2010

REMINDER

1. Ever have the problem of not knowing how to open your chess match? Tired of being stumped with things on the board are tense? Do you want to me the one making your opponent explain "How'd you do that?!" instead of the other way around? Then come to Chess Club today in P-20 for a special session on strategies! It's sure to be fun see you there!

2. Calling all new and returning Davis High School Track and Field Athletes: Now is the time to get ready for the 2011 season. Preseason conditioning sessions begin now, and DHS track and field athletes not involved in a winter DHS sport should attend. The workouts will focus on three specific areas: event-specific training, strength and explosion, and speed development. Over the past few seasons, our work in December and January has proven critical in our section and conference championship efforts. So come on out, join your team and don't fear the hard work. Preseason conditioning is open to new and returning track and field athletes including ninth graders, no prior experience required! We meet every Monday through Thursday at 4pm at the DHS Track. Once again, track and field preseason conditioning meets Monday through Thursday at 4pm at the track. Visit www.dhstrack.com<http://www.dhstrack.com/> or Coach Elliott in room L-25.

NEW

1. Jack be nimble Jack be quick, Jack ran up a candle stick. So come to Chinese Club on Tuesday to celebrate and learn more about the history, influence and secrets of Chinese Culture on Tuesday in N-15A at lunch. See you there!

2. Seniors! Order your panoramic class picture today! Order forms are available outside the yearbook room.

3. Hey Seniors: Time is running out to buy your Grad Night reservation at the lowest price of the year $75 for reservations purchased until December 31, 2010 (Great holiday gift!). You can buy reservations Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, December 6-8, during lunch. Look for the Grad Night table on the quad. Make checks payable to Davis Grad Night. What's Grad Night? It's an all night, alcohol-free & drug-free party for graduating seniors on June 10, 2011, from 9:30pm-5:00am (must enter by midnight) at Emerson Jr. High. For more information, go to www.davisgradnight.org<http://www.davisgradnight.org>

TODAY

1. Cafeteria: Chicken or cheese enchiladas and Spanish rice, baked chicken and corn on the cob, teriyaki chicken and rice.

2. Honor Society will have a meeting on Monday, December 6th during lunch in S-12. We will be talking about new projects and the required 20 hours of community service, which is due in January. See you there!

3. Hey everyone, make sure to come out to Asian Student Association meeting today at lunch in room S-6. We will continue watching our movie from last week.

CONTINUED

1. The annual Chips for Kids (CHP) toy drive, is under way again this year. Please bring in a new, unwrapped toy to the DHS front office where there is a barrel for collection. We will be collecting toys from now until Friday, December 17th. They will be distributed to hospitalized and disadvantaged kids just before the holidays. If you have any questions please call the DHS front desk.

2. Hey everyone it's that time of year again! This year's Junior Prom is just around the corner. Our 2010 theme is Arabian Nights! Junior Prom will be held on Saturday, December 11, from 9 PM-midnight in the DHS New Gym. The Junior Prom is open to ALL students at DHS, Da Vinci, King and DSIS. Students from outside the Davis Joint Unified School District may attend. Tickets will be on sale beginning Monday, November 29, through Friday, December 10. They will be sold during lunch on the DHS campus. For the first week prices will be $25 with ASB, $30 without, and for the second week prices will be $30 with ASB and $35 without. In order to purchase a bid each student needs a signed Jr. Prom Dance contract which will be available in the office, C-4, or downloadable from the PTA website at www.dhspta.org by the end of this week. Because we are using the New Gym (since the MPR has been shut down), a new shoe policy is in effect: soft-soled shoes only. This means no hard plastic, or anything that could in any way dent or scratch the gym floor.