[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin 10/13/10

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Oct 12 15:31:57 PDT 2010

October 15 - Minimum Day (Homecoming)

    1st 7:45-8:23
    2nd 8:29-9:07
    3rd 9:13-9:51
    4th 9:57-10:36
    5th 10:42-11:20
    6th 11:26-12:04
    7th 12:10-12:48

SPIRIT WEEK    OCTOBER 11-15, 2010

      Wednesday, October 13th   Worldwide Wednesday
      Thursday, October 14th            MARVEL-ous Thursday
      Friday, October 15th              Fiercely Blue Friday

REMINDER

      1.        A reminder that all students who want to attend games or dances must have their student ID card in their possession. ID cards will be checked at the gate/door. Any questionable behaviors including but not limited to unsportsmanlike conduct will result in card confiscation and a warning. The second time, the student will be asked to leave the game/dance. Students who exhibit major infractions will be asked to leave immediately. Failure to respond appropriately to an adult request the first time will result in the student being escorted out of the game/dance. They may also face other school consequences including suspension. Our school is a place we all take pride in. Show our community and our rivals that we have Devil Pride.

      2.        Hurry, hurry! Come by your 2010-2011 limited edition Super Powered homecoming t-shirt, today through Thursday in front of C-4, across from the finance office. Prices are short sleeved $ 8 w/ASB card, $10 w/out ASB. Long sleeve $12 w/ASB and $14 w/out. So hurry because they will run out fast!!

      3.        Do you think you have the best World Wide Wednesday Costume? Wanna be in the yearbook. Meet the yearbook staff in front of the old gym at lunch today.

NEW

      1.        Independent Lifetime Sports students:  this is a friendly reminder that you are to be dressed out in athletic clothes this Thursday October 14th and in the small gym during the 7th period block for physical fitness testing.

      2.        Hey everyone! Dance tickets are on sale now in the finance office. Tickets are now $6 w/ASB and $8 without. Remember your student ID and dance contract when buying your ticket! See you there!

      3.        JOB OPPORTUNITY: Supercuts hair salon is looking for a receptionist. Duties include operating the cash register, sweeping, and customer service. Pay is $8.00 per hour. Full and part-time openings are available. Hours are flexible.  Come to the Scholarship and Financial Aid Office next to counseling for contact information.

SPORTS

        Field Hockey vs. Chico                          3:30JV/4:30V            Dismissal: 2:15JV/3:15V;
      Girls Volleyball vs. Elk Grove                    5:00JV/6:00V;
      Girls Water Polo Varsity vs. Laguna Creek 3:45                    Dismissal: 2:00V;
      Boys Water Polo Varsity vs. Laguna Creek  3:45

COLLEGE VISITS

      Pt. Loma Nazarene U. (San Diego, CA)              Wed. 10/13              10:30am

TODAY

      1.        Cafeteria: Chicken or veggie chow mein, turkey egg rolls and fried rice, sushi, pizza.

      2.        Hey Debaters!! There will be a meeting after school this Wednesday at 2:30 in S-7. Hope to see you there!

      3.        Are you interested in being part of a group that is dedicated to improving our school, increasing school spirit, and making DHS a more welcoming place for all students? Then come to our Climate Committee meeting this Wednesday at 2:45 in the west classroom of the library. Please see Ms. Diaz, Ms. Floyd or Mr. McHale if you have any questions.

4.      The first Outdoors Club meeting will be at lunch on Wednesday in room C-1.

      5.        Hey everybody today is the last day for Door Decorating competition. Yupp that's right student government members will be coming around to your 4th period class today to judge, so hurry and make last minute adjustments, because we are on our way, right now!!!

6.      Literary Society meets today at lunch in room S-1.

      7.        Do you need math and/or science help? Then come to S-9 during lunch! There are math and science tutors willing to help anybody!

CONTINUED

1.      Several elementary schools are looking for Outdoor Education CABIN LEADERS! Cabin leader applications are being accepted for Birch Lane, Korematsu, Montgomery, North Davis, Patwin, and Pioneer. Cabin leaders must work well with children, and have an outgoing personality with an enthusiasm for the outdoors. The date and location of each trip is on the application form. Please come to the main office for an application. Some schools have early deadlines, so pick up your application soon!

2.      The October edition of the DHS PTA newsletter is now available through this link: www.dhspta.org<http://www.dhspta.org/>. The DHS News is full of information from the principal, the counselors, and the PTA as well as special events and meetings. Get the scoop on October events such as Homecoming (15th), the "Race to Nowhere" film (8th), and Grad Night Planning (20th). And support our student groups with fundraising events: a Dance Competition (9th), Davis Community Idol (16th), and a "Taste of Yolo County" (17th). Newsletters are also available at the counselor's office and at the front office. The deadline for the November edition of the newsletter is Oct 25th; please submit your contribution to DHSPTAmedia at mailman.dcn.org<mailto:DHSPTAmedia at mailman.dcn.org>

3.      Davis High School is among those featured in Week Eight of KCRA's High School Playbook Game of the Week Survey. Tips for voting on High School Playbook: 1) Use multiple browsers or try clearing the browsing cache to maximize your voting efforts, 2) Upload photos to persuade votes from KCRA viewers, 3) Upload a 30 second Spirit Video for an extra 3,000 bonus votes, 4) Ask your front office to make an announcement to the student body asking for their vote, 5) Post announcements on your school website and contact boosters, fans, and parents. Poll Starts Wednesday, October 6th at 7 pm. You can log onto KCRA.com/HighSchoolPlaybook to cast your vote. The game with the most votes and videos by 7pm Wednesday night, October 13th will be our Game of the Week. KCRA 3's Del Rodgers will do live reports from the winning game during our early evening newscasts on Friday Oct. 15th as well as a feature story on the game during our High School Playbook Show that night at 11pm on KCRA 3.