[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Thursday, 3-28-13

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Mar 27 13:00:07 PDT 2013

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin - Thursday, 3-28-13

THIS DAY IN HISTORY : 1986 - More than 6,000 radio stations of all format varieties played "We are the World" simultaneously at 10:15 a.m. EST.

ATHLETICS:
Baseball Frosh vs. El Camino - 4:14
Boys Volleyball vs. Grant - 5:00

Interested in trying out for the Nationally Ranked DHS Cheerleading Team?  All candidates must attend our Mandatory Tryout Information Night on April 16th, 6pm in the DHS Library.  Tryouts will be held the week of April 22nd-27th.  For more information, please visit www.dhscheer.org<http://www.dhscheer.org>

The Davis High Girls Golf Team will have an informational meeting for girls entering 9th through 12th grade in the Fall of 2013. Parent and golfers, please attend to learn more about the Fall season and summer opportunities. The meeting is April 18th at 7:00 pm at the high school in room N-08.  If you cannot attend the meeting, please email Coach Mohr for more information. rmohr at davisgolfacademy.com<mailto:rmohr at davisgolfacademy.com>.

LUNCH CHOICES:   Sushi Bowl, or Hot Wings or Tikki Chicken over steamed brown rice, Veggie or Pepperoni Pizza

TODAY:  There will be a mandatory Tony Fields cast meeting on Thursday, 3/28 at 2:45 in P-11. There will be a reading of A Chorus Line until 4:30.

Latinos Unidos is hosting Anti-Discrimination week March 25th - 29th.  All this week, there will be fun activities during lunch with music from different cultures.  Hope to see you there!

Seniors!  If you haven't submitted your request form for graduation tickets, do so as soon as possible.  Take your form to the Finance Office.

NEW: Lecture Series:  If you are interested in the field of Biomedical Engineering, come to the Career Center on Tuesday, April 9 at lunch to hear Dr. Eduardo Silva's presentation on "Cell Therapies".  Dr. Silva will discuss his research in the field of stem cell bioengineering and how to control stem cell trafficking in the body.  Dr. Silva is an Assistant Professor at the UC Davis Department of Biomedical Engineering.

SENIORS:  If you're planning to attend UCD, have a minimum GPA of 3.5, and you worked at a job during high school, you may qualify for the $12,867 Beeghly-Merritt Scholarship!  Applications are now available in the Career Center.  The deadline to apply is April 9!

ONGOING/UPCOMING EVENTS:  CSF'ers! In addition to our general meeting, we are having our CSF officer elections this Friday, March 29 in room P-13 at lunch. Come give a vote for our potential 2013-14 CSF officers.

Seniors!  Come to the Holmes MPR on Friday, 3/29 to play some Bingo and win prizes!  Admission is $5 and food is included with admission.  The time will be 7:00 pm.  See you there!

Students interested in pursuing a career in Veterinary Medicine are invited to attend UC Davis' School of Veterinary Medicine "Future Day" on Sunday, April 28 from 8:30-3:00.  Future Day is a free event for students and will focus on veterinary medicine and interactive labs.  The event is free and includes a light breakfast.  Come to the Career Center for more information.

If you are a junior interested in pursuing a career in the energy resources industry, Chevron and the USC School of Engineering is hosting a free summer camp June 23 - 28.  This exciting opportunity is to introduce high school juniors to careers in fields such as fossil fuels, solar, biofuel, nuclear energy and information technologies.  The deadline to apply is April 19.  Come to the Career Center for more information.

IMPORTANT DATES:
3/29 - Quarter 3 Ends
4/1-4/5 - Spring Break
4/10 - PTA meeting, 7:30pm
4/12 - Mr. Blue Devil
4/15 - 4/23 - STAR Testing
4/17 - Senior Assembly
4/18 - Girls Golf Meeting - 7:00pm - N-8
4/19, 4/20 - Tribute to Tony Fields - 7:00 - Brunelle Music Theatre
4/23 - College Night - Counseling Dept. presentation

HELPFUL LINKS:
Jostens (Caps, Gowns, etc. http://www.jostens.com/apps/catalog/customer/1003768/Davis-High-School/ 916-782-3949
To Prepay Lunch for students: http://www.djusd.net/district/business/sns/prepay?searchterm=lunch+pre
Davis Grad Night:   www.davisgradnight.org<http://www.davisgradnight.orgt.org>>  email: info at davisgradnight.org<mailto:info at davisgradnight.org>>