[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Monday 9/22/14

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Sep 19 13:26:22 PDT 2014

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin, Monday, September 22, 2014

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:  1961 - U.S. President John F. Kennedy signed a congressional act that established
the Peace Corps.

LUNCH CHOICES: Daily Express: Italian Meatball Bowl, Roasted Chicken Bowl, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich,
Smoked Turkey Sandwich, Aggie Sandwich (Vegetarian), Chicken or Beef Burrito, Chicken Teriyaki ***
Today's Menu:  Mandarin Orange Chicken, chow mein and a Spring Roll or Chicken Fajita, beans and
Spanish Rice

ATHLETICS:   Field Hockey @ Lassen                                                         All Day
Girls Golf vs. Sheldon @ Wildhawk                                                           3:30                        Dismissal: 1:30
Boys Soccer @ Sheldon                                                                                 3:30V/5:00JV/    Dismissal: 1:30V/3:00JV

TODAY: The DHS Philosophy Club is meeting Monday, September 22nd in Room P-21 at lunch.  Anyone
is welcome to take part in our open-ended discussion on ethics!  Gain experience expressing your views
and learn from your fellow classmates.  See you there!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Picture make-up day is Tuesday, September 30th in the Library, W.
Classroom from 9:00 am - 2:30 pm.

Seniors! It's your last chance to help build a Homecoming float, so come out to 23680 County Road 99D
in Woodland September 22nd- 25th anytime between 3:15 and 7:00.  We need all the help we can get
to make the best float yet!

ACADEMICS/CAREERS:  Davis Senior High School is holding its fourth annual Mini College Fair!
Representatives from across the country will be ON THE QUAD AT LUNCH ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
to provide information about their college.  See you at the Mini College Fair on the quad at lunch on
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23!

National Honor Society registration is at lunch Monday through Friday.  Registration is in Room S-12.
Bring $5. and your grade report from last semester.

Hey prospective math and science tutors!  Pick up tutor application forms in S-9 and return completed
forms to MAST officers or to Mr. Van Muyden in S-9.  Forms are due by Friday, September 26.

Would you like to publish your artwork, photography, writings (poetry or prose) or music?  Submit to
the literacy and art magazine at spokesnomissions100 at gmail.com.  The deadline is September 29.

JUNIORS:  Are you curious about what it takes to be an FBI agent?  If so, you are invited to apply to the
FBI's Fall 2014 Teen Academy. This one day Academy will take place on November 21 at the Sacramento
FBI division headquarters.  Students will participate in hands-on activities including collecting evidence
from a simulated crime scene, learn what violations the FBI investigates and more. Deadline to apply is
October 10.  Come to the Career Center for an application.

MISCELLANEOUS: Want to be informed and updated on all things yearbook?  Like DHS Yearbook on
Facebook and follow bluedevilyearbook on Instagram!

Volunteer Opportunity! : International House of Davis needs volunteers for their International Festival
on October 5.  Volunteers will set-up and take-down, manage trash stations, provide information to
attendees, etc.   Come to the Career Center for more information.

CLUBS/EVENTS:  Attention Car Club Members!  We are having an extra meeting next week on Tuesday,
September 23 in O-3 at lunchtime to prepare for the Homecoming Parade.  Also, don't forget to pick up
your Homecoming Parade permission slips in Room O-3.  The signed forms are due at the Tuesday
meeting.  Thank you and we hope to see you there!

If you are ever interested in Japanese culture, the DHS Japanese Club is the right place for you!  Come to
Room S-6 during lunch on Wednesday.  We do lots of fun activities and no Japanese language is
required.

Hey Key Clubbers!  Registration is going on today at lunch in front of S-12.  It will be running until
Thursday, September 25th.  Make sure to bring your registration form and $11.50 to register!   Former
members should also bring their spring hours sheet.  Forms will also be available in S-12 and at
registration.

Hello DHS Unicyclers!  Come to N-10 this Thursday to watch cool unicycling videos on a projector and
eat pizza!  Every Thursday at lunch, we meet in N-10! We can't wait to see you!

The first meeting of the Young Musician's Outreach Club is next Wednesday, September 24th at lunch
(12:15) in Room PA-3.  If you are a musician interested in helping to spread music throughout our
community, come check it out!  We hope to see you there.

Are you interested in being a Walker Creek CABIN LEADER?  If so, cabin leaders are needed for Patwin
and Korematsu Elementary schools.  Please come to the Career Center for an application.

Wednesday, September 24th is the deadline to submit information and articles for the October 2014
DHS PTA Newsletter.  Please send news, announcements, etc. to the DHS PTA Media Listserve at
DHSPTAmedia at mailman.dcn.org  and include: your name, parent or faculty name and contact
information in case the newsletter editor has questions about your submission.  The newsletter is
generally available around the 1st of each month.  This is a great way to inform, notify or enlist parents'
help for upcoming DHS school and student activities.

IMPORTANT DATES:
9/22 -    HOMECOMING RALLY/ASSEMBLY
9/23 -    MINI COLLEGE FAIR ON THE QUAD @ LUNCH
9/26 -    HOMECOMING PARADE AND GAME DAY
9/30 -    PICTURE RE-TAKE DAY
9/30 -    UC WORKSHOP 7:00-9:00 Brunelle Theatre
10/10 -  FRIENDSHIP DAY
10/10 -  FALL DANCE - North Gym

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.