[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Wednesday, 10/1/14

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Sep 30 13:25:09 PDT 2014

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin, Wednesday, October 1, 2014

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:  1908 - The Model T automobile was introduced by Henry Ford. The purchase price of the car was
$850.

LUNCH CHOICES: Daily Express: Italian Meatball Bowl, Roasted Chicken Bowl, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Smoked Turkey
Sandwich, Aggie Sandwich (Vegetarian), Chicken or Beef Burrito, Chicken Teriyaki *** Today's Menu:  Chicken or Beef
Burrito with Guajillo Sauce w/ beans and Spanish rice or Chicken Teriyaki w/ chow mein, fried rice and Spring Roll

ATHLETICS:  Field Hockey @ Corning                                                        3:30JV/4:45V                      Dismissal: 12:15JV/1:15V
Boys Soccer vs. Grant                                                                                     3:30                                        Dismissal: 2:15JV
Girls Tennis @ Elk Grove                                                                               3:45                                        Dismissal: 2:15

Is the DHS Ski Team right for you? Come find out more at the informational meeting on Thursday, October 2 at 7 p.m. in
the Davis High School Library. Interested 9th-12th graders, parents and guardians are invited to attend.  If you have
questions, contact Tanya Perez (tanyahp88 at gmail.com) Think snow!

TODAY:  Are you interested in racial and social justice involving the Government?  Come to our new club, Government
RSJ today, Wednesday, October 1st at lunch in Ms. O'Brien's room, P-13.  We will provide cookies!

Hey Key Clubbers!  Our first meeting is today, October 1st in S-12 at lunch.  Stop by to sign up for new service projects,
learn about our fall social and grab some food!  See you there!

Ronald McDonald House Charities Club will meet today, Wednesday, October 1 in Room PA-8 at lunch.  Learn about
RMH, volunteer opportunities and how you can make a positive difference in the lives of families and children.  Club
membership is free and snacks will be provided!

ACADEMICS/CAREERS:  College presentations in the Career Center continue throughout October!  Go to Naviance or
come to the Career Center to see the list of college visits.  October college presentations include University of Oregon,
Saint Mary's, USC, Stanford and more!

UC Davis will hold its annual Pre-Health Student Alliance Pre-Medical and Pre-Health Professions Conference October
11-12 on the UCD campus.  The conference will include workshops, presentations, pre-health professions fair, and show
high school students how to succeed in medical and health careers.  Come to the Career Center for more information.

Volunteer Opportunity! :  The International House of Davis needs volunteers for their International Festival on October
5.  Volunteers will set-up and take-down, manage trash stations, provide information to attendees, etc.   Come to the
Career Center for more information.

CLUBS/EVENTS:  The DHS Climate Committee will meet this Friday at lunch in Café Diablo located next to C-3.  Please
come to discuss ways to make our school a more welcoming place for everyone.

Hello all CSF members!  Our first general meeting is this Friday, October 3.  We will have a CSF introduction and discuss
upcoming projects.  Don't miss the first meeting!

It's LGBT History Month!  Did you know that the ancient Greeks and Celts considered homosexual men more masculine?

Dress up! Dress down!  MORP is coming to town!  Buy tickets in advance next week at the Finance Office during lunch
for $5 with ASB or $7 without.  You can also pay at the door for $10.  Make sure you have a dance contract on file or
turn one in!

Want to compete against other schools for glory and knowledge?  Then join Academic Decathlon!  All grades and GPAs
are needed; we will be having a meeting this Friday at lunch in L-20.  Don't miss it!

Where can you meet Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Cinderella and her Prince and Jack with his beanstalk?  At DHS
Drama's fall musical, 'Into the Woods' performed on November 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th and 15th at 7:00 in the IPAB!  There
will be another performance on November 9th at 2:00 pm.  Be careful what you wish for!

Hello DHS musicians!  There are still openings in the pit orchestra for the fall musical production of "Into the Woods."
We are looking for flute, oboe, bassoon, trumpet, piano and synthesizer players with advanced reading skills and musical
experience.  Rehearsals are being held each week on Wednesdays and Thursdays with additional rehearsals each week
as the production nears.  Shows will be November 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th and 15th at 7:00 pm and November 9th at 2:00
pm.  Please contact Mr. Zinn at wzinn at djusd.net or before school in the music department if interested.

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY:  The Yolo County Animal Shelter is looking for high school students to foster kittens and
volunteer for offsite adoption events.  Internship opportunities are also available for students interested in a future
career working with animals.  Come to the Career Center for more information.

IMPORTANT DATES:
10/7 -    'GOING RETRO' COLLEGE TALK, Dr. John Chuck, 7:00 Brunelle Theater
10/10 -  FRIENDSHIP DAY
10/10 -  FALL DANCE 'MORP'  - 8:00 - 11:00 pm - North Gym
10/14 -  DAVIS TEENS ARE AT RISK - 6:00-8:00 pm Brunelle Theater
10/16 -  SECONDARY ARTICULATION DAY - Early Release Schedule
10/17 -   ACADEMIC CENTER STUDENT AWARDS - Lunchtime Room L-10
10/17 -   QUARTER 1 ENDS
10/18 -   PSAT
10/24 -   BLOOD DRIVE

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.