[env-trinity] SWRCB Prop 50 Workshop Notices

Tom Stokely tstokely at trinityalps.net
Mon Mar 15 07:26:40 PST 2004

This is just about the only money that Klamath-Trinity can get from Prop 50, but it would have to be part of a broader regional Integrated Regional Management Program. The Water Bond Coalition is putting together such an IRWM.  I am the Trinity Co. coordinator for the Water Bond Coalition's IRWM plan.  Please contact me if you want further information about the Water Bond Coalition and its IRWM.

In my opinion, Proposition 50 unfairly targeted some portions of California, but not others such as the larger North Coast Region, including the Klamath-Trinity area.

Sincerely,

Tom Stokely
Principal Planner
Trinity Co. Planning/Natural Resources
530-628-5949

http://wwwowe.water.ca.gov/newsreleases/2004/03-12-04grants.html

      News for Immediate Release

      March 12, 2004

      Contacts:

        a.. Tracie Billington, Conjunctive Water Management, (916) 651-9226
        b.. Don Strickland, Information Officer, (916) 657-4469

      DWR and SWRCB SCHEDULE PROP 50 INTEGRATED REGIONAL
      WATER MANAGEMENT GRANT SCOPING WORKSHOPS

      SACRAMENTO--The Department of Water Resources (DWR) and the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) will hold two public scoping workshops this month regarding part of the Water Security, Clean Drinking Water, Coastal and Beach Protection Act of 2002 (Proposition 50).

      These workshops will offer interested persons an opportunity to provide DWR and the SWRCB with input on Integrated Regional Water Management (IRWM) Program scoping and procedures, and the content of the grant solicitation and evaluation guidelines.

      More than $380 million is available for grants as part of the Proposition 50, Chapter 8 IRWM Program.

      Workshop Dates and Locations:

        March 24, 2004 - 3 p.m.
        California Environmental Protection Agency Building
        1001 I Street, 2nd Floor, Coastal Hearing Room
        Sacramento, CA 95814

        March 25, 2004 - 3 p.m.
        George A. Caravalho Sports Complex Activities Center
        20880 Center Point Parkway
        Santa Clarita, CA 91350

      For more information on the workshops and the Proposition 50 programs, see DWR's Web site at: http://www.water.ca.gov/grants-loans/.

      The Department of Water Resources operates and maintains the State Water Project, provides dam safety and flood control and inspection services, assists local water districts in water management and water conservation planning, and plans for future statewide water needs.

      Back to Top of Page

      Visit Archived News Releases or return to the DWR Home

      Contact the DWR Office of Water Education for more information about DWR's water activities.