[env-trinity] Action Alert: Support Tribes' Efforts to Save the Klamath River!

Daniel Bacher danielbacher at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:35:19 PDT 2004

Good Morning!

I urge everybody to participate in this action alert as soon as you get
this! It takes less than a minute to send a message to Scottish Power by
clicking on the FOR website. A delegation of Klamath River tribes, Friends
of the River and fishermen is in Scotland now to urge Scottish Power to
remove some dams and fit others with fish ladders to restore salmon and
steelhead runs on the Klamath

Dan Bacher

SUPPORT TRIBES’ EFFORTS TO BRING THE KLAMATH SALMON HOME!

Join in the day of action, Wednesday July 21st

Klamath fishery and Tribal cultures are at risk. Send your comments to
Scottish Power!

The Karuk, Yurok, ,Hoopa, and Klamath Tribes are working with Friends of the
River and the Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermen’s Associations to ‘Bring
the Salmon Home’ to the Upper Klamath Basin. Six dams without functional
fish ladders stand in the way of restoration. We hope that by removing some
dams and fitting others with ladders, we can open up over 350 of historic
spawning habitat to salmon.

Currently, a joint delegation is in Scotland, taking the story of the
Klamath River directly to Scottish Power (NYSE- SPI) who owns PacifiCorp,
who in turn owns and operates the Klamath dams.

Considering Scottish Power’s reputation as a ‘green’ energy company, we are
hopeful that once they learn more about the Klamath crisis, they will want
to help save the salmon and the age old Tribal cultures that depend on the
fishery.

You can help! Learn more and send an email on Wednesday July 21 to Scottish
Power by clicking here:

http://capwiz.com/friendsoftheriver/issues/alert/?alertid=6090101&type=CU