[env-trinity] Hocker Flat Project

Byron bwl3 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 24 14:39:18 PST 2004

The following message today is from Doug Schleusner, Trinity River
Restoration Program executive director:

"I'm pleased to announce that I just signed the Finding of No Significant
Impact (FONSI) for the Hocker Flat Channel Rehabilitation Project.  It is
expected that DWR will complete the CEQA certification process by December
3.  This allows us to move forward with the contract package, which should
be awarded in mid-March.  Construction is scheduled to occur from May to
September, 2005.  Thanks to Ed Solbos, members of his staff, our CEQA lead
agency DWR, and all of you on the planning/design team who have worked so
hard to get us to this point.

"All NEPA/CEQA documents, including the final EA/EIR and FONSI, are posted
on the BOR website at www.usbr.gov/mp/NEPA ."

Byron Leydecker

Chair, Friends of Trinity River

Consultant, California Trout, Inc.