[env-trinity] Dr. Alan Lloyd, New CALEPA Secretary to Replace Terry Tamminen

Tom Stokely tstokely at trinityalps.net
Fri Dec 17 09:39:18 PST 2004

original from:>> "Branham, Jim" <JBranham at CALEPA.ca.gov> 12/16 1:16 PM >>>

We are pleased to announce today that Governor Schwarzenegger has
appointed Dr. Alan Lloyd to be the new Secretary for Cal/EPA
(http://www.governor.ca.gov <http://www.governor.ca.gov/> ) .  As many of you know Dr. Alan Lloyd has worked tirelessly as the Chairman of the California Air Resources Board since 1999, first appointed by Governor
Davis and then reappointed by Governor Schwarzenegger.

As Chairman, Dr. Lloyd was committed to cultivating a mindset and an
attitude throughout government, industry  and society that zero-and-near-zero emission technologies can be put to use now or in the immediate future to help the state meet its air quality goals.  He initiated the environmental justice focus within the agency and led the efforts resulting in the adoption of the Environmental Justice Policy and actions to be followed up by the Board.

We welcome him to our team and look forward to working with him to restore, protect, and enhance our precious environment, public health,
and economic vitality.

Please join us in welcoming Dr. Alan Lloyd, Secretary of the California
Environmental Protection Agency.