[env-trinity] International Day of Action For Rivers on March 14 in Sacramento

Daniel Bacher danielbacher at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:38:09 PST 2005

The International Day of Action For Rivers on March 14 in Sacramento will
focus on the battle to restore the Klamath River Basin.

Dan Bacher

Press Advisory: For Immediate Release, February 17

Join us for The 8th Annual International Day of Action for Rivers March 14
in Sacramento
March 14 is the International Day of Action for Rivers. Friends of the
River, the Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermens’ Associations, and
International Rivers Network will join the Karuk, Hoopa, Yurok, and Klamath
Tribes in marking the day with a rally in Sacramento. Together, we will be
urging Governor Schwarzenegger to lead the fight to Bring our Salmon Home to
the Klamath Basin.

Our event will kick off on Sunday, March 13 with a film showing of ‘Salmon
on the Backs of Buffalo,’ a film chronicling the plight of the Klamath River
fishery and the fight to save it. Following the film, Tribal leaders will
lead a question and answer session.  The show starts at 6:30 pm at the Crest
Theater in Sacramento, tix are $10 at the door. Directions to the crest at:
http://www.thecrest.com.

The march and rally will take place on Monday, March 14. The march will
begin at River Front Park in Sacramento and begin at 12:30. We will rally at
the West steps of the capital, featuring music, and speakers from the
Tribal, fishing, and ranching communities.

For more information:
http://www.friendsoftheriver.org
or email ctucker at karuk.us

To learn more about the International Day of Action and events worldwide:
http://www.irn.org
For more information about the Klamath River and efforts to save it:
http://www.klamathbasin.info

S. Craig Tucker, Ph.D.
Klamath River Campaign Coordinator
Karuk Tribe