[env-trinity] (no subject)

tstokely at trinityalps.net tstokely at trinityalps.net
Tue Jun 7 15:24:09 PDT 2005

STATE OF CALIFORNIA -- THE RESOURCES AGENCY	ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, Governor

DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA-NORTH COAST REGION
Anadromous Fisheries Resource Assessment Monitoring Program
Weaverville Field Office
P.O. Box 1185
Weaverville, CA 96093
												June 7, 2005

Fellow fish enthusiasts:

I am writing to invite you and any of your interested
colleagues/employees/students to participate in this year’s South Fork
Trinity River spring Chinook summer steelhead snorkel survey.  Join us as
we snorkel 102 miles of California’s longest undammed river. This year’s
survey will be conducted on August 16th and 17th, 2005.

Most participants will be meeting the night before (Aug 15th) at Scott’s
Flat campground in Forest Glen, CA.  We will conduct a pre-dive training
session at 5p.m. on August 15th for all interested or for inexperienced
divers.  If you cannot arrive the night before please plan to meet at
Scott’s Flat campground the morning of August 16th, no later than 7:30 a.m.
A BBQ style dinner (traditionally albacore) will be provided at the
completion of the first day’s dive.

Scott’s Flat campground is located approximately three miles east of Forest
Glen on Highway 36.  Once you reach the Hell’s Gate campground sign, pull
off of Highway 36 and stay to your left.  Continue on that dirt road
approximately 3/4 of a mile to swinging bridge. Once at swinging bridge,
look for the group of fun-loving natural resource professionals.

Please bring the following gear with you:
Wetsuit
Mask, snorkel, gloves, booties, wading boots
Backpack (that can get wet) or backpack dry-bag
Water filter or substantial water
Thermometer
Personal camping gear (i.e. tent, sleeping bag, cooking utensils)

If you don’t have some or all of these items, please contact me so I can
arrange for possible loaners.

Loren Everest, US Forest Service Fisheries Biologist, is also recruiting
volunteers for snorkel surveys on Canyon Creek (August 3rd), North Fork
Trinity River (August 9th) and New River (August 23rd and August 24th). He
can be contacted at (530) 623-1754.

Please RSVP with number of available personnel to (530) 623-9328 or
pgarrison at dfg.ca.gov.  I’m quite positive this will be the “best” South
Fork dive ever; you don’t want to miss it.

Sincerely,

/s/ Patrick Garrison
Fisheries Biologist

http://mail2web.com/ .