[env-trinity] Town Hall Meeting this Month in Weaverville with Congressional Representative Wally Herger

Josh Allen jallen at trinitycounty.org
Fri Aug 12 15:01:12 PDT 2005

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PUBLIC NOTICE

2nd Congressional District Representative Wally Herger will be holding a
"Town Hall Meeting" this month in Weaverville.

According to his "Reports from Washington" Newsletter, Vol. 2, the
Honorable Herger has this to say:

"I will be holding a series of town hall meetings throughout our
Congressional District. Town hall meetings are an excellent opportunity
to influence what happens in Congress. I hope that you and your
neighbors will come by asking questions, offering comments, and helping
me to represent you better."

The meeting will take place as follows:

When: August 24th

Time: 3pm

Where: Weaverville, CA

Place: Trinity County Library

Address: 211 N. Main Street

Please plan on attending this important meeting with our District's
Representative to Washington DC. This forum would be a good place for
any concerned citizens to ask questions of the Honorable Herger on a
variety of issues; such as his "Species Rescue Act" that he has
introduced to the 109th Congress this year, which will reform the
Endangered Species Act (ESA) to ensure that the protection of public
health and safety is afforded the utmost priority by bypassing the ESA
consultation process. Such a bill would have impacts to Trinity County
and the management of this County's natural resources, such as the river
and the salmon. Please schedule time to attend.

(Disclaimer: Trinity County and its employees do not lobby and are
specifically barred to do so on public time. This e-mail is a notice of
a public meeting with a Congressional Representative. All information
provided in the e-mail is consistent with information provided by the
Representative's office via their newsletter stated as such in this
e-mail. This e-mail does not express the views of Trinity County, its
employees, or the moderator of this list-serve. Any questions should be
forwarded to the Representative's District Offices.)