[env-trinity] Watershed Program for California

Tom Stokely tstokely at trinityalps.net
Thu Sep 15 08:07:23 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Mary Lee Knecht
To: CBDA_WATERSHED_SUB at shrlist02.CAHWNET.GOV
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:40 AM
Subject: Watershed Program for California

To:  California Watershed Listserv
From:  John Lowrie, CALFED Watershed Program Manager

Below is a message from Cathy Bleier (California Resources Agency) regarding the future of a statewide watershed program.  Please review Cathy's message and the attached two documents.  We will be discussing this topic at the 9/16/05 BDPAC Watershed Subcommittee meeting.  You may also provide comments directly to Cathy (contact information below).

The uncertainty surrounding the CalFed Watershed element of the CalFed Program has precipitated discussion by the watershed community and the Legislature about how to address watershed protection needs, not only in the CalFed area but also statewide.   The Resources Agency has drafted the attached paper to provide background information and to focus discussion of key issues and options.

We will continue to build on these ideas by seeking input from agencies and stakeholder groups.   This topic will be discussed by the CalFed Watershed subcommittee on September 16 and is also the focus of the upcoming CA Watershed Network/Salmonid Federation forum on September 28, 2005, in which the Agency will participate.

We welcome comments in advance of the forum, and will continue to incorporate information from email, the forum and other discussions to reflect your concerns and ideas.

Please email or send your comments to:

Cathy Bleier, Deputy Assistant Secretary
California Resources Agency
1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1311
Sacramento, California  95814
Phone: 916-653-6598