[env-trinity] Reveg success

Josh Allen jallen at trinitycounty.org
Fri Oct 14 08:53:00 PDT 2005

Subject: Reveg success

Good morning,

During the past week Robert Sullivan of my staff and Bernadette Cooney
of the RCD conducted survival exams of the revegetation efforts at the
bridge sites.  Contrary to some recent preliminary reports, survival is
much higher than thought.  Current estimates of survival of plants at
the bridge sites is between 60 and 80%, depending on species.   RCD will
continue to monitor, but at this point it looks like we're on track to
meet our one-year reveg objectives.
thanks,
Doug

Douglas P. Schleusner, Executive Director
Trinity River Restoration Program
P.O. Box 1300, 1313 South Main St.
Weaverville, CA  96093
(530) 623-1800  Fax: (530) 623-5944