[env-trinity] Watershed Grants - Eureka Times Standard

Josh Allen jallen at trinitycounty.org
Mon Nov 14 09:17:29 PST 2005

Hi All,

I am very excited to hear about the Yuroks, the County, & the RCD being
granted funding from the EPA. This is an excellent opportunity for us to
work together and get a lot of work done all over in the watershed for
the restoration of the river.

Specifically, this grant will fund $250,000 to the County to help with
floodplain restoration in the Indian Creek Project area with the Trinity
River Restoration Project, which is set to begin sometime next year.

I am personally pleased to hear that this grant was awarded. This grant
represents my first achievement in bring in extra funding on behalf of
the County for restoration work on the river, and I look forward to
bring in more funding in the future.

I would like to thank the Yurok Tribe for this opportunity to apply for
the grant with them and nominating the Trinity River for funding through
the EPA Watershed Grant Program. I would also like to thank all of the
staff that worked on this grant proposal with me from the Yurok Tribe &
the RCD, and especially Dave Hillemeier for going the extra mile to make
sure that our combined proposal was complete, accurate, and on time.

Cheers!

Joshua Allen

Assistant Planner

Trinity County Planning Department