[env-trinity] Money for More Dams in Proposed State Bond

Byron bwl3 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 13 13:33:28 PST 2006

To all who those who care about our rivers and fish...

Please call all State Assembly and Senate Democrats that you can.

Call them this afternoon, or at the latest, Tuesday.

Urge them NOT to vote for a Bond that contains significant money for new
dams.

Under consideration is language that includes millions for Temperance Flat
Dam on the San Joaquin River, and Sites Reservoir that would take even more
water out of the Sacramento River.

These dams do not pass the most rudimentary tests of economics or reliable
water supply. The only way to get them built is with public money, in this
case money to be repaid by our grandchildren, NOT project beneficiaries.
Future generations also will suffer the consequences of grave damage to the
environment.

To get contact information for Assembly Members and Senators, go to:
www.assembly.ca.gov and www.senate.ca.gov

Byron Leydecker

Chair, Friends of Trinity River

Advisor, California Trout, Inc