[env-trinity] Fishermen Demand Real Solutions to Salmon Declines - Rally in Santa Rosa on March 28!

Dan Bacher danielbacher at fishsniffer.com
Tue Mar 21 16:13:49 PST 2006

P R E S S  A D V I S O R Y

For Immediate Release: March 22, 2006

Contact:
       Mike Hudson, President SBCSFA, (510) 528-6575 (h), (510)
407-0046 (c) mike at sbcsfa.com

FISHERMEN DEMAND REAL SOLUTIONS TO SALMON DECLINES
       Fishermen stage rally at Pacific Fisheries Management Council
Meeting

WHAT: Sport, commercial and tribal fishermen and their families,
fishing business owners, and other salmon advocates will join to
rally for real solutions to salmon recovery. Up and down the West
Coast, fishermen and fishing communities are being hurt by the
general failure of the federal government’s salmon recovery efforts.
Now, the administration is seeking to further limit -- and even
eliminate -- tribal, sport and commercial fishing as the “solution”
to dwindling Klamath River salmon runs. This policy unfairly targets
fishermen while ignoring both sound science and sound economics. It
is time for the federal government to step up and address the real
causes of salmon decline, including the lethal impact of dams and
habitat destruction, and focus on real solutions to protect and
enhance our livelihoods, our communities and our way of life.

WHERE:  Outside the Flamingo Hotel, 2777 4th St., Santa Rosa, CA

WHEN:  Tuesday March 28 at 5 p.m.

  # # #