[env-trinity] Trinity River Watershed Tour April 14

Tom Stokely tstokely at trinityalps.net
Thu Apr 6 17:13:44 PDT 2006

The Natural Resources Division of the Trinity County Planning Department is
organizing a watershed tour of the Lewiston and Douglas City area on April
14, 2006.  Everyone and anyone is invited to attend.  The purpose of the
tour is to show existing and proposed watershed restoration work.  The main
tour guide will be Trinity County Principal Planner Mark Lancaster from the
Five Counties Salmonid Conservation Program.

We will meet at 10 am at Mama's Restaurant in Lewiston on Trinity Dam Blvd.
We will be touring roads in the Deadwood Creek watershed, the Lowden Burn
area (Lewiston Fire), Browns Mountain Road (a Trinity County road which
cross many of those smaller tributaries such as Trinity House Gulch that put
out a lot of sediment this year), then driving through Weaverville and over
China Gulch Road (another Trinity County road which has had work performed
on it), then back to Lewiston.

The route will allow everybody to avoid the Highway 299 construction at
Rocky Point between Weaverville and Douglas City.  I have heard that waits
are up to 30 minutes.  For those who are heading to Lewiston from
Weaverville or areas west, such as Humboldt County, you can drive up highway
3 north of Weaverville to Rush Cr. Road and take that to Lewiston.  You will
be able to avoid traffic delays on Hwy 299, and the travel time is normally
about the same as Hwy 299 (without construction).

Please be sure to bring a lunch, water and sturdy boots. If you plan on
driving your own vehicle, please be aware that Browns Mountain Road is very
muddy and low clearance vehicles are NOT advised.

Please let me know if you are attending and if you need transportation so
that we can plan the appropriate amount of transportation.

Sincerely,

Tom Stokely
Principal Planner
Trinity Co. Planning/Natural Resources