[env-trinity] Chum Salmon Captured at Willow Creek Weir

James_Earley at fws.gov James_Earley at fws.gov
Tue Nov 14 11:19:10 PST 2006

Very Interesting!

An adult Chum salmon was trapped in our lower Battle Creek rotary screw
trap on Feb 14, 2006. The fish was still alive in the trap and released
below.

It was the first time one had been observed from the juvenile traps, since
1998 (we rarely capture adults, with the exception of carcasses or in this
case an almost carcass).

(See attached file: IMG_1489.JPG)(See attached file: IMG_1491.JPG)

Enjoy,

Jim

Jim Earley, Supervisory Fish Biologist, CDSO
United States Fish and Wildlife Service
Red Bluff Fish and Wildlife Office
10950 Tyler Road, Red Bluff, CA 96080
(530)527.3043  xx 261 Fax: (530)529.0292
Mobile: (530)567.5166
james_earley at fws.gov

             "Byron"
             <bwl3 at comcast.net
             Sent by:                  "FOTR List" <fotr at mailman.dcn.org>,
             env-trinity-bounc         "Trinity List"
             es at velocipede.dcn         <env-trinity at mailman.dcn.org>
             .davis.ca.us                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/13/2006 06:24          [env-trinity] Chum Salmon Captured
             PM                        at Willow Creek Weir

Bill Brock was good enough to forward these impressive pictures of two Chum
Salmon captured at the Willow Creek weir – pictures courtesy of Wade
Sinnen.  First I’ve ever seen of the species.

Byron Leydecker
Friends of Trinity River, Chair
California Trout, Inc., Advisor
415 383 4810
415 383 9562 fax
bwl3 at comcast.net
bleydecker at stanfordalumni.org (secondary)
http://www.fotr.org
http://www.caltrout.org
 (See attached file: Chum_Willow Cr Weir_2006_JPG.JPG)(See attached file:
env-trinity mailing list
env-trinity at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us