[env-trinity] Eureka Times Standard - 8/2/07

Dan Bacher danielbacher at fishsniffer.com
Fri Aug 3 07:40:51 PDT 2007

Jay

The 35,000 figure was the preliminary estimate by DFG. After all of
the data from the DFG, Tribes and federal government
was in, the estimate was officially raised up to 68,000 fish.

This latest figure is being used by Thompson's staff in all of his
press releases. I'm going to call his office today and find
where he got the latest figure.

The problem is that nobody really knows the exact number of fish that
died. In my articles, I say "an estimated 68,000 to 80,000 fish," to
be safe.

The 38,000 figure was the least accurate figure because it was only a
preliminary estimate.

Dan