[env-trinity] Fires in Grass Valley

Josh Allen jallen at trinitycounty.org
Fri Jun 27 14:07:23 PDT 2008

just FYI:

Currently there are two fires located within the Grass Valley watershed, one that is 100ac+ and another that is 150+ acres. I have informed those in charge of  fire fighting that there has been tens of millions of dollars spent within that watershed to reduce erosion and increase salmonid habitat, making it a watershed/fishery issue. Currently that fire is unstaffed and rated as a 6 on the priority list. Therefore, there may be future restoration work to be done after this year's fires. When I find out more information regarding this fire, I'll let you know.

Joshua Allen
Associate Planner
Trinity County Natural Resources