[env-trinity] Tom Stokely Retirement Party

Byron Leydecker bwl3 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 11 09:45:31 PDT 2008

Tom Stokely, Trinity County Planner, is retiring the end of this month.
Attached is an announcement of a party in his honor.

Tom has been one of the most competent and effective advocates for the
Trinity River's restoration for the past 25 years.  He is highly intelligent
and a walking encyclopedia of Trinity River facts - Trinity Division
history, impacts of diversions upon the Basin and activities of diverted
water beneficiaries, as well as an advocate of restoration, and otherwise
the person with "on the job" experience and knowledge in all phases of
restoration efforts and its hurdles throughout the years.

Unhappily, I will not be able to join in this tribute to Tom.  However, with
CalTrout we did honor him a few years ago for his devotion and for his
achievements in the pursuit of Trinity River restoration.  He deserves the
thanks of all of us for his incredibly constructive work for the river, the
Trinity Basin and its economy.  Trinity County has been unusually fortunate
to have had him in its service.

Byron Leydecker, JCT, Chair

Friends of Trinity River

415 383 4810