[env-trinity] Klamath River Pollution Workshop In Orleans Next Week

Byron Leydecker bwl3 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 3 15:40:17 PST 2009

From: Erica Terence [mailto:erica at klamathriver.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 3:24 PM
Subject: Klamath River Pollution Workshop In Orleans Next Week

Hey folks,

Apologies for any cross postings.

I'm writing to make sure you know about a cool workshop coming up next week
that we're co-hosting with the California Coastkeeper's Alliance about
proposed new water pollution listings for the Klamath River, including one
that would set limits for algae below Iron Gate dam. Another proposed
listing would set limits for mercury in Lake Shastina behind Dwinnell dam in
the Shasta River watershed. The workshop not only covers newly proposed
Klamath River listings, but also the legal and scientific nuts and bolts of
how these listings work and how to comment on them as members of the public.

What: Workshop about polluted waterbodies list and listings on the Klamath
(including toxic algae, temperature and mercury)

Where: Panamnik building in downtown Orleans

When: Tuesday, March 10 from 6 p.m.-8 p.m.

Info about what to comment on and where to send comments by March
20--including a sample letter-- will be on hand at the meeting (it's also
attached in PDF form and pasted below), as will food and beverages
generously supplied by the California Coastkeepers Alliance. The workshop is
free, and we hope to see you and your friends and family there!

Please feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions. Also, please
forward to anyone you know who may be interested. Thanks!