[env-trinity] (no subject)

Byron Leydecker bwl3 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 15 14:17:09 PDT 2009

John Stewart is on Comedy Central channel and times of his program vary
somewhat on the West Coast.  In the Bay Area on Comcast cable, he's on at 11
PM and the next day the show is repeated at noon, I believe.   It may even
be repeated again at another time.

Byron

Island Press E-News

July 14

Our national water crisis is massive, but we've yet to see it get the kind
of widespread attention it deserves. Island Press has been working hard to
put this issue onto the national stage, and now I am excited to tell you
that Robert Glennon, author of Unquenchable, will be appearing on The Daily
Show with Jon Stewart this Thursday, July 16, 2009 (rebroadcast at 8PM EST
Friday, July 17). We hope his appearance on the show that Rolling Stone
called "The Most Trusted Name in News" will help catapult a more prominent
discussion on how to solve our water crisis.

The timing couldn't be more important, as the water crisis is getting
steadily worse.  Just recently, droughts have become so bad that a Los
Angeles "water conservation team" is now patrolling neighborhoods to keep
residents from violating water restrictions; the Dallas-Ft. Worth area is
using marketing strategies to convince Oklahoma to sell them some of their
water; and this year Northern California fishermen and farmers are losing
$2.69 billion because water levels are so low that fish populations have
dwindled and water can't be pumped to farms.  Even water-rich areas of the
country like New England and the Southeast are facing challenges in finding
and allocating enough water among the many users who demand it.

As we look to what the future holds for all of our natural resources, we
must realize that water is a commodity we can't replace. I hope you can tune
in and hear Glennon's message. Reaching over 1.5 million people on The Daily
Show with Jon Stewart, Glennon, one of the foremost experts on freshwater
resources, will bring powerful attention to an issue that affects us all.

Sincerely,

Charles Savitt

President, Island Press

Byron Leydecker, JcT