[env-trinity] Hanford Sentinel 8 25 09

Joshua Allen trinityjosh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 21:15:41 PDT 2009

Ah, the Hanford Sentinel. I sometimes miss reading the paper of my so-called
"hometown"...but then again, I don't miss it.

Funny though, the Westside farmers are running a new ad campaign. Have you
seen it? It's everywhere posted along roads in the Westlands, specifically
in the I-5 corridor.

I took a picture of this ad last month - and for your pleasure, it's
attached! This was taken at the corner of West Oakland Avenue (in Kings Co
it's called Grangeville Blvd.) and State Route 145 (Fresno Coalinga Road).

Funny thing though, the place didn't look like much of a dustbowel to me.
Actually from Tulare between to the I-5 it looked down right productive
while I was living there from April to just a few weeks ago before moving to
Chico. Corn was even sprouting up in 90 days, which is something I don't
remember seeing growing up! Just unreal... The only place I noticed were
approaching dustbowl status were a few orchards along I-5 that looked like
they were purposely dried up; which after reading this article makes a lot
of sense.

So the question I have is this; "How do I get into this water business of
buying water for pennies on the dollar from the government, say at $50 or
less an acre foot, at taxpayer expense and from someone else's backyard,
nonetheless of course, and then sell it to some other goverenmental agency
for an obscene sum?"

Hey Brian or somebody at the BOR, can you help me figure out how I too can
get rich? I'm really poor, especially being a masters student now, due to
your government's budget cuts, and would like my 60 acres and a mule too!
Plus the water...

God, if only Bernie knew! He'd be out of jail as we speak still getting
rich, with a legal ponzi scheme. But alas, he got too greedy...

Just a little something to make you go, hmmm...