[env-trinity] Fw: Mainstem Trinity River redd survey update 10/13/2009

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov
Mon Oct 19 14:56:45 PDT 2009

The spawning survey project update available on our website (linked in the
message below) has been refreshed to reflect addition of last week's data
(October 12 to October 16).
We experienced our first significant storm of the season last week.
Because of resultant turbid conditions, we were not able to survey Reaches
5 (Douglas City to the upper end of Sky Ranch Road), or Reaches 8-9 (North
Fork Trinity to Cedar Flat).  There's more weather on the way and we'll
keep doing the best we can.  Nice to see some moisture!

Cheers!
Charlie

             Charles
             Chamberlain/AFWO/
             R1/FWS/DOI                                                 To
                                       env trinity
             09/28/2009 01:21                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Mainstem Trinity River redd survey
                                       update 09/28/2009

Hi all,
Fall 2009 salmon spawning surveys of the mainstem Trinity River are
underway.  These are conducted collaboratively by the Arcata Fish and
Wildlife Office, California Department of Fish and Game, Yurok Tribal
Fisheries Program, Hoopa Valley Tribal Fisheries Department, and the
Shasta-Trinity National Forest.  Our first within-season update for the
2009 redd survey is available from the Arcata Fish and Wildlife Office
Website at the link below.  Click on "Trinity River 2009 Redd Survey
Update" near the bottom of the page.

http://www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries/projectUpdates.html

Cheers!
Charlie

Charlie Chamberlain
Fish Biologist - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Arcata Fish & Wildlife Office
1655 Heindon Road
Arcata, CA 95521

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov
Phone: (707) 825-5110    Fax: (707) 822-8411
www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries