[env-trinity] New Arcata Project Leader

Byron Leydecker bwl3 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 9 10:55:09 PST 2010

It is with great pleasure that I am announcing the selection of Nancy Finley
as our new Project Leader for the Arcata Field Office.  Nancy will start on
March 15, 2010.

Nancy has a B.S. in biology from the University of Maine, an M.S. in
Environmental Health and Toxicology from East Carolina University, and has
completed some doctoral work at Rutgers and the Virginia Institute of Marine
Science.

For the past four years, Nancy has served as the Chief of Resource
Management and Science at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  In this
role, she supervised roughly 60 staff, and oversaw Park compliance under
NEPA, ESA, NHPA, and all other environmental laws and regulations.  Prior to
this position, Nancy was the Chief of Natural Resource Management at Cape
Cod National Seashore for seven years.  She supervised an interdisciplinary
team of scientists, and directed an inventory and monitoring program within
the park.  Before working for the Park Service, Nancy spent seven years with
the Fish and Wildlife Service's Contaminants Program in Arlington, Vero
Beach, and White Marsh.

Nancy comes highly recommended from past and present supervisors, peers, and
subordinates, and is currently enrolled in the  2009/2010 National
Conservation Leadership program.

Welcome, Nancy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darrin Thome, USFWS

Deputy Assistant Regional Director

Region 8 Ecological Services

2800 Cottage Way, Rm W-2606

Sacramento, CA 95825

916-414-6533 phone

916-414-6486 FAX

Byron Leydecker, JcT

Chair, Friends of Trinity River

415 383 4810 land/fax (call first to fax)

415 519 4810 mobile

 <mailto:bwl3 at comcast.net> bwl3 at comcast.net

 <mailto:bleydecker at stanfordalumni.org> bleydecker at stanfordalumni.org
(secondary)