[env-trinity] Letter to Editor SF Chron 2 21 10

Byron Leydecker bwl3 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 21 12:05:47 PST 2010

This is a very good letter.  The picture is of Larry Collins, president of
the San Francisco Crab Boat Association.

Letters to the editor

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Images

<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2010/02/21/EDO61C2APK.D
TL&o=0>
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/c/a/2010/02/21/EDO61C2APK.D
TL&o=0> View Larger Image

  _____

 <http://www.sfgate.com/columns/letterstoeditor/archive/> Letters to the
Editor

Re: The article in Insight "Fish or Farms" on Feb. 14. I hope it doesn't
come down to one or the other, but if I had to choose, it'd be salmon all
the way. I can grow vegetables and fruits in my backyard, but I can't grow
salmon. The farmers may come and go, but once salmon is extinct, it is gone
forever. I don't think future generations could ever forgive us if we let
that happen. I sympathize with the farmers and hope there is a way to
support them too, but the priority has got to be healthy salmon. The loss of
this species would cause untold damage up and down the food chain, and
fishermen are as important as farmers. But the real priority must be saving
the wild salmon, the fisheries along with them; then we can save the
farmers.

ANNE PETERSEN, Sonoma

Byron Leydecker, JcT, Chair

Friends of Trinity River

415 383 4810 Land/Fax (Call first to Fax)

415 519 4810 Mobile

bwl3 at comcast.net

bleydecker at stanfordalumni.org (Secondary)

www.fotr.org <http://www.fotr.org/>