[env-trinity] What are they Spraying us with?

Kim Mattson Mattson at EcosystemsNorthwest.com
Fri Apr 30 19:39:51 PDT 2010

Brian and Francis:

Regarding the Aluminum concentrations in rainwater and other water
samples....

I am following up with Brian's request on what I found out following my
visit with Francis Mangels following his invitation to look at his
data.  Francis had some analyses done on samples and has come up with
some very high Al concentrations in snow off Mt Shasta at about 8,000 ft
elevation and from sediments in a creek near Shasta Reservoir  (30,000
ppb).  His rainwater samples or those collected by others seemed to be a
bit high and ranged from 400 to 900 parts per billion (ppb) and they
also showed low levels of strontium and barium.   We also talked about
his hypothesis that soil pH has been increasing due to atmospheric
inputs.  His and my soils are above 7 in pH and this is a bit surprising
as forest soils are normally below 7.  But I am unable to unequivocally
make any conclusions about chemtrails and I give some details below...

Kim Mattson.

To help sort through this, I had thought that there would be good
guidance on what levels of Al should one expect in rainfall.  I looked
on the web and did not find satisfying results and it seemed that 400
ppb maybe somewhat high for rainwater (individual studies suggest that
maybe 2 to 500 ppb is more normal?).  There is no national network that
routinely monitors for Al in precipitation.  I found cites of rivers
that contained 400 ppb.  About the high sediment sample--aluminum is a
naturally occurring element in soils--and can range over several tens of
thousands of mg per kg and it really depends on what type (exchangeable
or total).  I could not tell what form of Al the lab was was
measuring--particularly in the sediment.  Francis' lab reported the
sediment analysis as Al III and in units of ppm and this did not make
sense to me as Al 3+ is exchangeable Al and is never this high, but
total Al could easily be this high...  Anyway I discussed this with
Francis and he was going to check on some of these things..

The EPA lists Al as a secondary standard and advises that drinking water
be below 200 ppb--mainly for taste, color or smell reasons--they don't
think Al is a health risk.  Aluminum (alum) is used to purify drinking
water.  Apparently Canada disagrees with the US and is concerned about
Al concentration in drinking water and its links to Alzheimer's
disease..    I also found cites that cautioned against taking ice cores
or snow samples for chemical concentrations as they can artificially
concentrate--probably by sublimation of the snow?  I found cites that
suggested the need to clean collection funnel right before the
collection and to filter the collection immediately to avoid wind-borne
particulate contamination to the sides of the funnel.

Anyway, I sent Francis abstracts of these papers for him to consider.
But I must admit that the Al could be abnormally high...that is, I could
not dismiss the lab analysis out of hand... or why all of his were above
400 ppb...

There is a lot of stuff on the internet about geo-engineering the
earth's atmosphere.  I would say it is worth looking into but with a bit
more rigor.  I suggested to Francis that the newly establishing
Environmental Studies program at our local College of the Siskiyous
might take this up as a monitoring project.  Just this week in our local
paper was an article of a local citizens group that wants to pass a
special self governance ordinance that would prohibit corporations from
weather modification--in this case, cloud seeding, suggesting the public
is getting concerned and organized.   I would say, stay tuned....