[env-trinity] FW: This weekend: Endangered Species Day at the Golden Gate National Parks!

Byron Leydecker bwl3 at comcast.net
Thu May 20 15:14:32 PDT 2010

From: Mark Rockwell, Endangered Species Coalition
[mailto:mrockwell at stopextinction.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:05 AM
To: bwl3 at comcast.net
Subject: This weekend: Endangered Species Day at the Golden Gate National
Parks!

 Endangered Species Day Posters
<https://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/6014/images/esdbannertop.png>

Celebrate Endangered Species Day at the Golden Gate National Recreation
Area!

Dear Byron,

Celebrate Endangered Species Day all weekend with Golden Gate National
Parks, from Friday May 21 to Sunday, May 23. From Muir Beach to Lands End,
get hands-on with a restoration project or interpretive program to benefit
the park's endangered species!

At Golden Gate, there are more federally protected species than any other
unit of the National Park System in continental North America: more than
Yosemite, Yellowstone, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon National Parks combined!
This is both cause for celebration and concern. The California red-legged
frog, coho salmon, mission blue butterfly, Presidio clarkia, and many more
species need your help!

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4xLcdk7q8Y0fFp4lsZbKY
sMJ1k%2BGlvbw> Join us for Endangered Species Weekend at Golden Gate
National Parks!

Endangered Species Weekend
Friday, May 21, 2010 - Sunday May 23, 2010
Help with restoration projects for endangered species, including:

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/6014/images/GGNRA.jpg> See peregrine
falcons and learn about raptor migration
Restore habitat at Muir Beach for endangered salmon and steelhead
Help grow native plants for Mission Blue butterflies at the Marin Headlands
Observe endangered tidewater goby and clean up the Rodeo Lagoon
Restore habitat for western snowy plovers on the beach
Restore habitat for endangered plants at the Presidio
and more!

Find out more and register for a project at the Golden Gate National Parks
website.
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BlWHHRAvG6L0jEqFwjT
3DsMJ1k%2BGlvbw>

Endangered Species Day is a national celebration of America's commitment to
protecting and recovering our nation's flora and fauna. Nearly a quarter of
the species on the planet are currently in danger of extinction.

Started by the United States Senate, Endangered Species Day is an
opportunity for people young and old to learn about the importance of
protecting endangered species and everyday actions that people can take to
help protect our nation's disappearing wildlife and last remaining open
space. Protecting America's wildlife and plants today is a legacy we leave
to our children and grandchildren, so that all Americans can experience the
rich variety of native species that help to define our nation.

Thank you for helping to protect endangered species. Hope to see you this
weekend!

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/6014/images/MarkRockwell.jpg>
Sincerely,
Mark Rockwell
Pacific Coast Representative
Endangered Species Coalition

P.S. If the links in this email don't work, please visit
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pEfRZDGTtH4tJIP2anWpr
cMJ1k%2BGlvbw>
http://www.parksconservancy.org/calendar/volunteer-events/special-events/end
angered-species-weekend-at.html

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qt%2BXvgEVVriZLIDSKLA
JAcMJ1k%2BGlvbw> www.EndangeredSpeciesDay.org

 Endangered Species Day Pictures
<https://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/6014/images/esdbannerbtm.png>

  _____

You received this email because you have previously supported the Endangered
Species Coalition's efforts. We greatly appreciate your support. If,
however, you do not wish to receive future e-mails like this, please click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=aRXQaXUn93p%2B6gN%2Fk
v1PVMMJ1k%2BGlvbw>  here to unsubscribe .

  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=179332546>