[env-trinity] Trinity River spawning survey update 10/12/2010

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov
Wed Oct 13 16:14:17 PDT 2010

Our latest update has been posted at the link below.  Our crews are seeing
fish in the river, but redd numbers are still accumulating slowly.  We
counted 288 redds in the river from Lewiston Dam to Pigeon Point.  We got
our first look of the season at the lower river (Hawkins Bar to Weitchpec),
but counted no redds in those reaches.
Thanks for checking out our updates!
Charlie

----- Forwarded by Charles Chamberlain/AFWO/R1/FWS/DOI on 10/04/2010 08:32
AM -----

             Charles
             Chamberlain/AFWO/
             R1/FWS/DOI                                                 To
                                       env trinity
             09/21/2010 03:42                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Trinity River spawning survey
                                       update

Hi all,
It's that season again!  Fall 2010 salmon spawning surveys of the mainstem
Trinity River are underway.  These are conducted collaboratively by the
Arcata Fish and Wildlife Office, California Department of Fish and Game,
Yurok Tribal Fisheries Program, Hoopa Valley Tribal Fisheries Department,
and the Shasta-Trinity National Forest.  Our first within-season update for
the 2010 redd survey is available from the Arcata Fish and Wildlife Office
Website at the link below.  Click on "Trinity River 2010 Redd Survey
Update" near the bottom of the page.  We will make updates available
throughout this season at this same site.

http://www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries/projectUpdates.html

Here's to hoping for a great run this year.
Cheers!
Charlie

Charlie Chamberlain
Fish Biologist - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Arcata Fish & Wildlife Office
1655 Heindon Road
Arcata, CA 95521

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov
Phone: (707) 825-5110    Fax: (707) 822-8411
www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries