[env-trinity] A Tribute to Byron Lydecker

Tim Regan tdregan at comcast.net
Fri Dec 31 20:20:08 PST 2010

I have never met the man, but I have thought of him often.  He must awaken each morning with a sense of urgency, a need to understand, to respond, to expose, to inform.  He has had his river epiphany, no doubt in multiples.  He was probably born with it.  He dances with Mother Nature, and understands her modest requirements.  His work no doubt has had its times of frustration, of weariness, of anger, of impatience.  But I believe he really had no choice.  His passion compelled him to shoulder the burdens of Trinity River protector and advocate, for the benefit of all of us and for our descendants.  I salute Byron, I thank him, and I wish him well.  We will miss him and his Bulletins.
Tim Regan
December 31, 2010