[env-trinity] Byron Leydecker has passed away

Emelia Berol ema.berol at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 14:18:58 PDT 2011

I loved Byron and will miss him very much. I can relate to what Greg has
written, I had a similar experience, in 1997, when I began working on the
documentary, Waters of These Mountains.
Thank you for letting us know, Tom.

Byron's daughter Lama Palden (Caroline Alioto)  is an old friend of mine, and
she used to visit me with her son when I lived on a farm on the South Fork
Trinity. The river is a hard place for kids to learn to swim ...as it turned
out, my daughter Paloma took her first swimming strokes in Byron's swimming pool
in Tiburon! This was 20 years before I came to know Byron as the director of
FOTR.

He was a great man who gave of himself tirelessly for the river he loved so
dearly.

Emelia Berol
TAMWG Rep for the NEC
P.O. 300