[env-trinity] Trinity River spawning survey -update September 20, 2011

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov
Tue Sep 20 16:37:09 PDT 2011

Hi all,
Our Trinity River mainstem spawning surveys are underway.  Our first
within-season update for the 2011 redd survey is available from the Arcata
Fish and Wildlife Office Website at the link below.  Click on "Trinity
River 2011 Redd Survey Update" near the bottom of the page.  We'll
continue to make updates available at this same site throughout the
season.
http://www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries/projectUpdates.html

We've mapped 19 redds so far.  Next week I'll begin to provide Google
Earth files of mapped redds along with our weekly update.

Our crews report seeing MANY adults and jacks in the river.  Here's to
hoping for a great run.
Cheers!
Charlie

Charles Chamberlain
Supervisory Fish Biologist - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Arcata Fish & Wildlife Office
1655 Heindon Road
Arcata, CA 95521

Charles_Chamberlain at fws.gov
Phone: (707) 825-5110    Fax: (707) 822-8411
www.fws.gov/arcata/fisheries