[env-trinity] Dan Walters- Oregon dam removal may cost California

FISH1IFR at aol.com FISH1IFR at aol.com
Sun Dec 4 19:02:33 PST 2011

In a message dated 12/4/2011 6:22:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
danielbacher at fishsniffer.com writes:

I  disagree with Walters' contention that using public money for Klamath
dam  removal is unwarranted.

However, we must absolutely remove ANY Klamath dam removal money from the
Water Bond, which creates the infrastructure for a peripheral canal and new
dams.

Daniel... I was only commenting on Walters assertion that tax money should
not be invested in Klamath restoration efforts at all, in any way.
Fortunately, there are many other ways to do this than the current Water Bond,
with all its warts, riders and hanger-on projects, including the "peripheral
canal" in disguise, many of which California does not need and should  not
build.  Point well taken.  While PCFFA supports California  investments in
the Klamath per se, we OPPOSED the current Water Bond because of  its
"peripheral canal" poison pill attachment.

But investing in salmon restoration measures in the Klamath is a good
investment in itself, and deserves support in and of itself.  That was my
point, if there was any confusion in what I previously wrote.

Glen H. Spain, NW  Regional Director
Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermen's Associations  (PCFFA)
PO Box 11170, Eugene, OR 97440-3370
O:(541)689-2000 --  Fax:(541)689-2500
Email: fish1ifr at aol.com
Home Page: _www.pcffa.org_ (http://www.pcffa.org/)