[env-trinity] SacBee Viewpoint: Northern California

sandydenn@pulsarco.com snowgoose at pulsarco.com
Fri Jan 13 11:00:40 PST 2012

Perhaps before pasting the "Greed" label on all of these parties, one should become better informed of the costs, regulations, fees and sacrifices made by California agriculturists.  It sounds as though all you commentors assume that your food is produced 100% by huge corporate entities living in the lap of luxury, just waiting for the next big paycheck to arrive.  We are not all innocence and light as an industry, but many of us are just hard working, hands-on farmers who have found it necessary to "sell" a portion of our allocation to fund the costs of environmentalism, development and "Greed" for idealism. I wouldn't even have responded if you all hadn't jumped onto this bashing band wagon and tend to paint with such a wide brush, figuring you are entitled to your opinion.  But please recognize the fact that farmers who are incorporated are not all greedy corporate giants just salivating over the next big "water deal"  they can make.  Sandy Willard Denn, Hands-on farmer