[env-trinity] Trinity Journal- River dwellers share views at Lewiston meeting

Paul Catanese pcatanese at dhscott.com
Wed Apr 18 05:47:03 PDT 2012

Whoever Joshua is I have to say you have hit the nail on the head and confirmed everyone's fears. That fear that man himself rather than nature would dictate what transpires on this river. Moreover, a few select men who by and large do not live here or own property here would decide what's good for others based on the little knowledge they actually have about restoring a river. This year we will have close to a record return return of salmon having little to do with any restoration effort other than water. Seems to me that plenty of spawning has taken place in spite of man made efforts.

Whatever caused this should be duplicated over and over because it worked. Bulldozers and gravel or man did not create the huge run we are predicting mother nature did along with restricting commercial fishing.i will bet you curtailing tribal fishing will also lead too more fish. There is not enough time in the day to address what should or shouldn't be done on this river and frankly the less that's done the more success will be achieved. Keep in mind we are going to have a record return of fish with no connection to bulldozers and gravel, just water. Peace love I am going fishing.