[env-trinity] Trinity Journal- River dwellers share views at Lewiston meeting

Gail Goodyear ggoodyear at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:26:21 PDT 2012

Taoist philosophy practiced in Weaverville’s Joss House may subtly or overtly deal with evil. This special place in the Trinities is where one may achieve balance in a world filled with chaos and upset.

Interestingly, Taoist practitioners highly involved in working toward balance are well aware of the symbolism and philosophy of the Joss House. Yet, those unknowing may or may not realize evil is dealt with through physical and spiritual barriers.

In addition to what our Chinese heritage still adds to our lives today, our Gold Rush pioneers also passed along wisdom. Judge C. A. Paulsen, whose parents arrived in the early 1850s, told me a saying he learned from his mother and father who appreciated diversity in people and opinions. I was in first grade when I first heard Judge Paulsen say, “Never worry too much about what happens here (in the Trinities), people get along, die or leave.”

CC: frank.t.emerson at gmail.com; ggoodyear at hotmail.com; trinityjosh at gmail.com; env-trinity at mailman.dcn.org; billw at pacificwatershed.com; Dannyh at pacificwatershed.com; whelang at pacificwatershed.com; amyg at trinityjournal.com; rymas at suddenlink.net; ahostler.trt at gmail.com; eli at riverbendsci.com; jderksen99 at gmail.com; mckier at sbcglobal.net; phiggins at humboldt1.com; rschrock at usbr.gov