[env-trinity] Tom Stokely- A quick remedy for bee stings

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Tue Jul 3 11:47:05 PDT 2012

Happy 4th of July to all.  If you get stung by a bee, see below.

http://www.redding.com/news/2012/jul/01/tom-stokely-a-quick-remedy-for-bee-stings/?partner=RSS

A quick remedy for bee stings

As the summer season is upon us, so are bees, wasps and other stinging creatures.

The effects of a bee or wasp sting can be completely eliminated by immediate application of meat tenderizer or papaya extract. Meat tenderizer contains papain or bromelain that breaks down the protein that is meat. It also breaks down proteins that are wasp and bee venom. You must apply it immediately for full effect, however. For meat tenderizer, I just wet the affected area (after removing the stinger) and sprinkle on the powder so that it cakes on. I have never done it, but I'd bet that a dried papaya chewed up with moisture would probably also work.

I have personally used meat tenderizer on bee stings several times with total success. Within minutes, signs of the sting are completely gone.

Tom Stokely, Mount Shasta